UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Olympic Torch in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Take from this what you will. I think it's a pigging joke. The olympics from start to finish has been corrupt. 50% of the tickets go for free, some to schools but most to the rich from UK and abroad. And now the torches have the weirdest rules that come with them if you want to buy them, and you only know them AFTER you've been chosen to carry it, and have carried it.

If you carry a torch, you can buy one for £200. Torches on ebay now are £20,000 all day long. One apparently went for £155,000 because somebody famous or something carried it.

A friend of a moderator on the sparky forum carried one, but on a horse. And because his feet didn't touch the ground while he carried it, he's not allowed to buy it. And his horse isn't allowed to buy it even though it had 4 feet on the ground lol

So, this weekend the Olympic torch passed through my county (Carmarthenshire), and a very good friend of mine was chosen to carry the torch for part of the relay.

He did this on horseback as he is an equine nut and was part of the reason he was chosen.

Now, what I didn't know is that in order to keep your particular torch you have to pay £200, I suppose this is fair enough given what it is and what it means etc.

Now the beef, as he went to pay for his torch, he was pilitely informed that as he physically hadn't touched the floor during his run as he was on horseback, he was not eligible to buy his torch. He even offered to donate an additional £500 to charity if they would let him have it, the jobsworth still refused.

Would this jobsworth say the same thing to one of the wheelchair carriers.......I think not!

To say he is gutted is an understatement and as far as I'm concerned the Olympics can sod off!!!

Original thread: Typical UK!!!!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Olympic Torch in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Man gets fined for traveling from Sheffield to Stoke to buy tile adhesive. Note that you can...
Replies
Views
T
DIY SOS. Helping people without time or money, in need desperate need to get a project...
Replies
Views
I've been a member for a while but don't get around to posting much. The job I am doing at the...
Replies
Views
O
.......so as u've probably already seen, @Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin exhibits at the Sleep Exhibition...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.