Discuss On the hunt for..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Just had one of my regulars show me their showroom after telling me they had a few broken and loose tiles. Its about 60m of broken or loose tiles in a 200m showroom. Bad, bad , bad. Its been down 12 years and with cars back and forth etc a few have cracked, however the rest are seriously loose and I know as soon as the cracked ones are taken out a whole raft of others will come out too.

The point is the client has no idea where the tiles came from and doesnt want different coloured ones for the repairs. Especially as its such a large area that needs replacing.

Here's a couple of pics. Ideas anyone?

350.jpg 347.jpg 355.jpg

Is there and echo?
Thats pretty much what I asked her but she said no as it will make all the others come up too. Its a nice showroom and they "dont want any gaps". Hmmm, but two 20m jagged cracks are fine eh?

Need to get one out anyway to try and match up as best I can. They are ceramic, 30x30mm and must have been white when new. More antique white now. Doing an orangery for them this week and will be breaking it to them gently that the showroom is going to cost some serious money to put right. Of course they could just give me one of the nice new cars.....

Oh, just had a text saying she is looking for the receipts for the building work. Reckons the guy that did it has retired now. A phone number will do for me as long as his memory hasnt gone

Yeah, I told them that the new tiles would stand out. They say that to do the whole lot (my preference as it will look better and cost more) is not an option at present. However I also pointed out that any repair would cost a fair bit too and would look iffy. Working on them. The non-availability of the tiles will help. One of these days someone will trip on one of the broken tiles and it will cost them a packet!

Reply to On the hunt for..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hey first time on this forum. I have a problem I think. Me and my Dad were tilling a cement slab...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Tyne Valley, Northumberland
Business Name
Tyne Valley Tiling Limited

Thread Information

Title
On the hunt for.....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.