Discuss one for our more learned friends in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

It means you have to go and see him and sit down with him and bash out a deal...and if you can't you walk away...or bash him over the head. Its a common practice they play games, if you have built a 'buffer' in then you know what you can come down on, and if you haven't your screwed. But remember this, you could make everything back on the extras....or the reverse side of it is this, if they are saying this now to you, then they might try and knock you down the line.

Lynn

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I wouldn't be knocking my price at all yet. Bri has it spot on. Better valve for money. That being said if they don't want to pay as much then there's two options. You do less and come down nearer the cheaper quotes or he goes cheaper with someone else and doesn't get as much.
For you to be the most competitive you must be offering something the others aren't. Surely that would justify the extra cost?

turnip

TF
Arms
Thanks All, had this a few years back when working for a major company that begins with a K....no guessing, we knew we were the cheapest but they still wanted more off!
See it depends on how much the builder had to knock off to get the job, and so it goes down the line, except were at the end of it (finishing trades) and they still need to meet their budget I suppose....
. Well, I guess its time to pressurise the suppliers and see what they can do, they are a lot of unquantified items that we can scrape it back on, worst comes to the worst, I'll get me tools out too, you should see me lay porc flooring, I'm like a workaholic.....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to one for our more learned friends in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
D
I JUST FOUND THIS POST ON ANOTHER PLASTERING FORUM AND BORROWED IT TO SHOW YOU GUYS OUR TRADE OF...
Replies
Views
Turkish tiler
T
P
Hey guys, Been doing floors for good while now but only done a couple of geometric floors, which...
Replies
Views
peanut72
P
I thought I'd ask what percentage of your jobs are through contracts and / or contacts as...
Replies
Views
P
Last week I took a break, first time in 3 years, and had to come back on early on Tuesday...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB