Discuss Oops! Fire alarm. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

I've been working on New Street Station, one guy was supposed to be cutting steel with a saw, found a stihl saw and cut it with that. Set the alarm off, then the next one, this shuts down the station automatically!!
Full evacuation, fire crews, police, trains stopped!!!
That little bit of 'time saving' cost the main contractor £850,000!!!!!!!!
Massive Oooops!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another silly incident when I was an apprentice was taking up a grano floor in the police cells at the local cop shop,had to ask the duty officer to open the electric cell door to the outside, this time he was not around so I lent over his desk press the button going out the door with the barrow to the skip next thing I am on my back ,a prisoner made a dash for freedom they caught him down the road,I had to go in front of the top man they wanted to know if I knew the prisoner.that was scary.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Working in old peeps sheltered housing and I set the fire alarm off , and it connected straight to fire station. Ooops!

Out comes fireman Sam and I got told off. :lol:

Sweeping dust up from plumbers and the dust set it off , very sensitive.

All taped up , plumber normally cover it but I never noticed.

Its the plumbers fault then.....lol

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Well the warden came out , proper bee in her bonnet. So told off twice in one day , like being back at school.

:lol:

Talkin about schools ,my wife a few years back went to put my eldest daughters name at the local school and on her way out the secretary said just press that button on the left to get out ,my missus accidently put her finger through the break glass and set off the fire alarm,was driving away when the fire brigade turned up and all the kids were in the yard :)

F

Fliselege

When I was with the last company I worked in a resteraunt, every July they shut down for the month and for 5 years running I'd go in and chop out and replace all the tiles the chefs dropped their pans on. Every year I'd turn on the powerful extractor systen and get busy with the grinder. The last time I did it I forgot to turn the extractor on. Had my peltor radio ear defenders on and what with the noise of the grinder didn't hear I'd set the alarm off which had been going a good 10 mins or so. Happened to look up, there was the manager and a bunch of firemen, and considering I thought I was in the kitchen alone, I jumped out of my skin, much to the amusement of the manager and the firemen so didn't get told off, just felt like a right twonk. Glad I didn't do it the next day, it was 2 blocks away from where that Bvreivik monster set the bomb off and the firemen had their work cut out for them that day as it was.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Oops! Fire alarm. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good afternoon all. I am a keen DIYer (at home) but have never tiled! I want to tile our small...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just had the bathroom floor tiled - well almost , the builder walked off after a...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S
G
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB