Discuss Opinions on LASH Clips in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bgatty68

Can someone tell me if the LASH clips sold on Tradetiler are just the same as the Tuscan levelling system? am i right in thinking that if you use these to pull up a tile level with an adjacent one then a void is left underneath the tile? or am i reading too much into it? anyone used them? please advise as i got to place an order for tools, spacers, trim etc by tomorrow and would like opinions on these :thumbsup:

B

BoldreChris

Just thought I'd add my thoughts into here. I've just used them to help me tile a 15m2 kitchen floor using 465mm square polished porcelain tiles. They do work, up to a point. The clips do lift and pull down adjacent tiles to force them level and it's quite an effective system but it does leave small voids under the tiles and since all tiles must be free to move a little during the process, you have to be ready to lay the whole floor in one go and have time to do it with "normal" adhesive - not rapid.

It's also quite an expense - I think it cost me about £35 for enough clips and wedges to do the 15m2 - and fairly tough on the hands too!

Overall, much better to get the underfloor exquisitely flat beforehand and tile accurately and carefully.

A

Alberta Stone

I have used them a couple of times but find them kind of useless in general.
Really they have only served for some large format tiles that can give issues on skinny pieces or weird shaped cuts, just to keep the ends level.
If there is adequate mortar underneath there are no voids created.
So for unusual circumstances they prove handy, but I have rarely used them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Opinions on LASH Clips in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi first timer to tile, im getting all my prep work and tools. My question is will the self...
Replies
Views
Hi I have ordered the Wunda Rapid Response underfloor heating for my kitchen. We were going...
Replies
Views
Hi guys , I'm new to this forum and I haven't done a lot of tiling so would...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Opinions on LASH Clips
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.