Discuss Other trades? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

Why is it that tilers have to fit there work schedule in to suit other trades......never the other way round is it?
You pander to other trades just keep them happy,keep the job progressing and even give them a heads up a day or two in advance as to when they(other trades can get in)
And do they repay the compliment? do they heckers like! Expect you to be there at the drop of a hat but drop you in the cack even quicker

True or what?

F

Fliselege

There isn't a set tiling trade here, the trade name is murer mester which means all wet trades, tiling, plastering, bricklaying, concreting etc, and also installing wood burning ovens as the important part is breaking into the chimney stone work and making good with mortar to stop the customers choking on smoke. You can specialize in 1 or all of the trades, and as I just learned tiling in the U.K, I stick to that, can do the other trades to a more than acceptable standard, but I'd be skint on price work ;-) Work for a fella that specializes in wetrooms and all aspects of tiling, and if and when we get the other work, I get involved as far as mixing up and tidying up. Our biggest moan with the wetrooms is having to deal with prima donna plumbers and sparks that think they are god, boss got so fed up hanging on around other trades that he wants to quit tiling and just install ovens so about 18 months ago he bought a company going bust, changed the name to The Fireplace and now a lot of my work is installing Brunner, Spartherm, Hvwam and Jøtul ovens, no other trades involved, and lifes much better for it. Still take on tiling, but trying to stop it altogether if and when the ovens take over our time.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Other trades? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm looking for some advice from the experts and hope you can help. I've just had a...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, After some tips on laying relatively sizeable tiles (300x600 upto the plank like tiles...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB