Discuss other tradesman in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

true mate well that's nice to know i thought i needed to find a mate in each trade lol i know i can get on with jobs with the confidence thanks guys.... i like this site lol

You have a couple ways of doing that type of thing, you get the tradesmen to quote directly to the customer or he quotes you...then add a small percentage on top and then you deal with the customer.

C

Colour Republic

why add a small percentage if you deal with the plasterer? is it to add to my own pocket or do you get trade discount from a plasterer? lol

No it's for when he messes up and you have to cover the cost of getting it re-done!

It isn't as easy as getting someone cheap in and adding on a cut. If you arrange the plaster then you are responsible for his work. If you don't know a decent tradesmen to carry out the work then don't start ringing round the yellow pages. You will get bitten.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I have numbers that I pass work on to when I'm too busy to take it on. I trust them not to let me or the customer down so its a small handful of folk. To answer the question though, I personally do all trades bar Gas work who I sub out to one man only.

Same here.

If you're just starting out leave it to your customer to organise the other trades. The last thing you want to do is be associated with someone you've put forward and who isn't worth a bean.
Get involved with what you need the other tradesman to achieve so you can do your job. After a few years of working in the trade you'll build an address book of trades you would 1) recommend because you've worked with, and seen their work so therefore can recommend and 2) are happy to work in conjunction with.
It is possible to be good at your job but a nightmare to work with. A bad relationship between your recommended tradesman and you customer will have a negative effect on your customers relationship with you and therefore any future recommendations they may make for you. If you wanna be successful protect your own reputation.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to other tradesman in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hello: First time posting. Looks like a really good forum for Info. Here is my question: I'm...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB