UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Out of my depth in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Out of my depth

Hi Everyone,
I recently had extension built on top of flat roof, just extended a small bedroom and was able to make an ensuite. Builder from hell!!!he fell through ceiling and forgot to sheet up so we flooded in recent downpours, eventually I was sick of his excuses and told him to leave it.
Now I have my bathroom half in cement board and the other half in "green" ready for tiling. I am worried as have bought natural stone huge tiles. Will the partition wall hold the weight ??? In ensuite I have.porcelain floor tiles and thinking of same for Walls. Can you tell me what I should roughly be charged. Bathroom 24 sm. Ensuite 14.5 square metres. Skintight and very grateful for any advice as sick of being mugged. Many thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Please PM the member with prices don't reply publicly with them.

We can't put prices into public forums but generally without looking at the job, or at least knowing the area etc etc it would be hard to guess.

Natural stone isn't easy stuff. So that wouldn't be as cheap as the porcelain floor. But porcelain is hard to cut, so that's not cheapest type of tile to fix either.

Get three quotes and listen to each of the tilers and see what products they are recommending and how they would attempt the tiling (try to get a guage for what they'll be using to cut the tiles with and how they might set out said job) and that will tell you which one are the good ones.

Don't go for the really cheap quote, and take note to what the expensive one says, as presumably he should know his stuff. And see if the guy in the middle said much tech related stuff too.

When you're ready to find a tiler please feel free to post more details and your area in here: I'm Looking for a Wall and Floor Tiler - Tiles | Floor Tiles | Wall Tiles | Tilers Forum

Get three quotes and listen to each of the tilers and see what products they are recommending and how they would attempt the tiling (try to get a guage for what they'll be using to cut the tiles with and how they might set out said job) and that will tell you which one are the good ones.

Don't go for the really cheap quote, and take note to what the expensive one says, as presumably he should know his stuff. And see if the guy in the middle said much tech related stuff too.

I disagree, unless you are trying to get it done as cheap as possible go with the one you feel most comfortable with regardless of price.
If the one you feel is right is way off with the price ask them why. what are they going to do or not do compared to the others, if they seem confident with the price maybe its the other 2 that are off

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Out of my depth in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Hi all, I'm new to the forum so please forgive any silly questions, I've taken on rather a big...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Good evening all, This is possibly a simple question and I'm hoping that it is a simple 'ish...
Replies
Views
B
Afternoon all. Have recently said hello to theforum and finally got around to posing some...
Replies
Views
Boondocker
B
G
Hi all. Went to view a job last night, larger than I usually get these days. Rear of house just...
Replies
Views
gobby
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.