Discuss Over charging ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Just been to Halfrauds for a new headlight bulb....£9.99...." do you need it fitting sir ?" ..." No I can manage".....Gives me receipt and 1p change and then says " If you need it fitting, I can do that for £6.99 !" ..........Me " Nah dont think so"
I walk out to the car, up with the bonnet, bulb out, bulb in, check headlights work, they do. 3 minutes max !....£6.99 ! not a bad gig if you can get it :mad2:

So how is it that in the building trade we have to live with being stereotyped as "Builders from hell" and people think because you are self employed that you are rolling in it.....How about a tv show showing how companies like Halfrauds charge so much for so little ?

Rant over.

B

Bubblecraft

You need one of these ;)
usenu5y7.jpg

That £9.99 bulb would have cost me about 99p with my card!

It's true though. These guys are charging stupid money to do basic tasks that Joe Bloggs wouldn't attempt but people think we self employed people over charge for what we do....and it's a skill! I just don't get it!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
i bought some windscreen wipers for my wifes renault laguna, they said they would fit them for £4.99, i new it was a pig to do so i said ok, 30 mins later , 2 of the muppets were out there still trying to do it while i sat in the car watching them trying not to laugh, then i started to loose the will to live so got out to help them, and ended up doing it myself, so made him go back in and get me my £4.99 back..:lol:

gamma38

TF
Bedford
You need one of these ;)
usenu5y7.jpg

It's true though. These guys are charging stupid money to do basic tasks that Joe Bloggs wouldn't attempt but people think we self employed people over charge for what we do....and it's a skill! I just don't get it!
How do you go about getting one of those cards then??

You need one of these ;)

Mine is in my wallet permanently :)

B

Bubblecraft

Yes but it's second hand you don't know how old it is ! and she has a new car!, so i would stick with that , anyway there to pike- like in scrapyards for me ! lol sorry to any pikes .......

You can always test them properly. It's a great price when you need one for a runabout. I use yellow tops myself for all my vehicles down to the amount of ICE & mains invertors I use. At £200 a pop, I don't scrimp on price for a good Optima so I ain't no Pike....but you can't beat a good rummage in a scrappy! Lol. Years of having classic & jap cars has taught me to always check a scrappies first. You can save hundreds on basic parts

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Over charging ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/tiling-rates-per-square-meter-per-day-how-much-do-tilers-cha...
Replies
Views
I'm doing a second floor condo kitchen, 6' by 9' of tile area. The surface is gypsumite...
Replies
Views
W
I will be doing full bathroom renovation, and the plan is to build a walk in shower due to the...
Replies
Views
Paul Bleasdale
P
  • Question
Okay so I'm going to start the ball rolling. I'd like the forum to be handy for all, including...
Replies
Views
  • Article
If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB