Discuss Packing floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

B

Brad

Hi all

First time i'm using this website so hope no teething problems. I would like some advice on the best/quickest way to pack floor tiles on an uneven floor.

A buddy has suggested lifting each tile after laying it to make sure there is enough coverage under the tile. This would be very time consuming especially if it is a large floor. Is there a practical method that I could try?

Thanks for any help.

J

JIMBOB187

Well there's an example of a knowledge gap I need to fill (or back butter). Can someone explain a pourable thick bed adhesive and any advice on self levelling compound appreciated, never used it before and quite scared of it to be honest. Last two floors I did were both Travertine, absolutely love the stuff (still trying to figure out how to post pics), back buttered both so if I can save time with good prep then wahey.

D

DHTiling

BAL Pourable Thick Bed
pourable_thickbed.jpg

A cement-based, polymer modified, rapid-setting, water-resistant, frost-resistant floor tile adhesive. Light grey, sulphate-resistant, pourable, thick-bed solid-bed floor tile adhesive suitable for fixing ceramic tiles, quarries, natural stone and terrazzo in interior and exterior situations. The consistency makes it particularly suitable for fixing large tiles and those with profiled backs. Back-buttering is not necessary. Suitable for use on concrete, cement:sand screeds, ceramic/quarry tile/terrazzo/hard natural stone, vinyl tile/sheet bases, mastic asphalt. Conforms to BS EN 12004, Type C, Class 1F.

NOTE: The physical properties of BAL POURABLE THICK BED can be enhanced by the addition of BAL ADMIX AD1. With a classification of BS EN 12004, Type C, Class 2F.

http://194.223.92.131/pdf/Technical...Data Sheets/Bal_Polymer_Modified_Adhesive.pdf

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Packing floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB