Discuss Packing out with tubbed adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dagger

i have not seen the programme, i player later!

but,

tubbed adhesive on large format tiles (bigger than 20x25) ..no
packing out.. no (never!)
its a shame because there are "tilers" out there doing this stuff, quoting cheaper prices, getting paid.. and we lose the work, because we cant compete.

obviously thier price will increse in "extras", but they got thier foot in the door, we were told "your to expensive".

everyday i hear and see it more and more!

dagger.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

diamondtiling

Knocking nails through plasterboard, packing out with tons of the wrong adhesive, this is a classic case of the customer having no control over the worker, ( I wont say Tiler ).
At some time he must have heard the faint ring of an alarm bell, he should bear some responsibility for not stopping that job and kicking them off site, they were both soft touches, they agreed to 4 weeks of "extra" work because they fell for a sob story. I have seen the guys fixing some tiles a few weeks back and they were dot and dabbing them so there is an issue there, are they using tilers to tile and not just guys who know how to stick em on?

:20:

Reply to Packing out with tubbed adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Packing out with tubbed adhesive
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.