Discuss Packing Wax. Portugese Metros. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Metro tiles - wax packing
over the last year the black/white metros i get from everywhere have become rubbish quality. still cut nice but fell more like an old 4" crystals really thin.
The packing wax has got thicker and harder to remove. Whats the quickest / most effective way to get it off people have found. i use a plastic packer from upvc windows then polish them hard. this takes f'''king ages, any suggestions welcome

ice scrapper is an idea i hadnt thought of. and will be trying that thanks. tried window scrappers but i can see the scratches they create ( never been picked up on snag tho.) these are not your normal wax's they are hard as nails. all else fails im going to suggest another supplier to the developer. it genuiny takes longer to get these waxes off than it does to grout.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Packing Wax. Portugese Metros. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A long post and not tiling but I hope someone can help, I'm trying to get some decent...
Replies
Views
C
Wet Vs Dry polishing, which is better? We get asked this daily. There is really no definitive...
Replies
Views
Turkish tiler
T
S
Hi all, I'm a DIY-er who's looking to lay a hall floor with black and white polished porcelain...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB