Discuss Painting and decorating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

if you can pee you can paint ehh? whistle.gif

With the doors either get a mohair mini roller (make sure you wash it well before first use), or a mini foam roller. Roll the doors and then lay off with a decent brush. Much quicker and a more even finish.

Are you using oil based or water based paint on the woodwork? if it's water based you'll need to work fairly quick and not go back over your work too much, if it's oil the new post 2010 paints take a month to go off so you'll have plenty of time. A pro would have a 6 panelled doors coated on both sides in around 10 mins, if they are flat doors even less:smilewinkgrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

if you can pee you can paint ehh? View attachment 29784

With the doors either get a mohair mini roller (make sure you wash it well before first use), or a mini foam roller. Roll the doors and then lay off with a decent brush. Much quicker and a more even finish.

Are you using oil based or water based paint on the woodwork

I trained as a decorator in my younger years, allways hated that saying Rob.

C

Colour Republic

Most new water based satinwoods can be a right pain to get a decent finish, they just aren't up to scratch yet.I can highly recommend Sikkens Rubbol Satura BL, pricey paint but bloomin' good stuff and leaves a finish like the old oil use to.Again with any trade the quality of your tools can make life easier, get your self a set of Purdy brushes, the monarchs not the elites, around £28 for 3 or 4 brushes. Might sound a lot for a couple of brushes but will pay for themselves in the first 2 hours! Cutting in will be do much easier and the finish you can achieve will improve 10 fold

T

Time's Ran Out

if you can pee you can paint ehh? View attachment 29784

Are you using oil based or water based paint on the woodwork? if it's water based you'll need to work fairly quick and not go back over your work too much, if it's oil the new post 2010 paints take a month to go off so you'll have plenty of time. A pro would have a 6 panelled doors coated on both sides in around 10 mins, if they are flat doors even less:smilewinkgrin:

With all that advice I'am a painter now!:hurray:
But how do you get over the smell - it always gives the wife a headache:lol:

Painting is dead easy

I've watched the same painter since i was 6 years old when he used to paint my Mom and Dads house,I am still using him to paint the houses i do 34 years later and i still find myself just watching him when he is glossing up,

Yes anyone can paint in fact i can sum it up easily

When John (The Painter ) uses gloss its just like he has poured it on
When i use gloss its just like i've poured it on

Same words two completely different outcomes
Yes Purdy brushes do help but you still need to know how to use one

M

mikethetile

Hee hee Brian

theres a lot more to decorating than meets the eye, I wont repeat Robs advise as its spot on, the 2010 paints are a pig to apply and apply and apply till eventually you can no longer see the primer, satura is great stuff and well worth the money as it cuts down application times and finishes lovely

when people say if you can pee u can paint I look at their shoes and when they ask why I say "ive seen you paint"

10 minutes to paint a door !!!!!!!!!!!!!! not on pricework

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
i detest painting or hanging paper,in fact ive only painted 1 ceiling in any house ive lived in,after that i have plastered and tiled my 2 good mates who are class decorators(not walloppers) house's for nowt so any time my mrs wants some decorating done(which is every pigging year,i swear our house is 4" smaller,theres that much paint on the walls)i just ring my mates up and say "remember when i skimmed that ceiling/tiled that splashback ............................................................................."

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Painting and decorating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Painting and decorating
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.