Discuss Painting over Shower floor tiles? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi. We have just redecorated our bathroom and have a shower recess with mosaic tiles on a concrete base. I'd really like to change the colour of the shower floor to match our new wall tiles, without having to remove and re-tile what is already there, as it is in good condition and drains nicely.
So, I was wondering, if it is possible to paint over these tiles, what sort of paint I would need to use. Presumably one which is fully waterproof and non slip?.
Suggestions anyone?
Many thanks,
Decorating novice

T

Time's Ran Out

Without Knowing what the colour of your new wall tiles are its difficult to advise on the actual paint you will need!
Of course being mosaic you could possibly go for a different colour on each piece as that will just highlight how incredibly naff it will look.
If there is a Painters Forum I'am sure they will provide you with all the technical information you will require with reference to preparation of surface/priming/red tile paints etc.

Timeless John. Registered Forum Member:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Painting over Shower floor tiles? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Shower former with drain Here we have a typical common shower-room and they can be either tiled...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB