Discuss Painting red quarry tiles grey - prime or no prime!?? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi there,

We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint them grey to complement a renovation we are doing.

We have chosen Rustoleum washable matt floor tile paint but my question is should we be applying a primer first? (It says that priming is not necessary on the tin but I’m not convinced!!)

I’ve heard that it’s wise to use oil or latex based primers but I really am not too sure!!

Please can you advise what is best and what product to use!?

Many thanks

Hi there,

We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint them grey to complement a renovation we are doing.

We have chosen Rustoleum washable matt floor tile paint but my question is should we be applying a primer first? (It says that priming is not necessary on the tin but I’m not convinced!!)

I’ve heard that it’s wise to use oil or latex based primers but I really am not too sure!!

Please can you advise what is best and what product to use!?

Many thanks
Follow manufacturers instruction

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Painting red quarry tiles grey - prime or no prime!?? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
M
  • Question
HI got my first job to do its not huge about 6 sq metres of ceramic tiles 310 x 450 mm in a...
Replies
Views
M
M
Hi..I'm tearing my hair out ! What I thought was going to be an easy one, is not. I've just...
Replies
Views
redrex
R

Tile Restoration Trending Topics

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB