UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Part Time NVQ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cjbombero

I completed a four week intensive tiling course earlier this year and I was told that I could complete a level 2 NVQ through the OSAT route but to do that I would need 2-3 years experience. As I only tile part-time I was a little concerned that it may take additional time to gather experience/evidence, I therefore took the decision to do some sub-contracting for a firm to tile different areas such as commercial showers, external steps etc.

If the government plan to bring in this NVQ rule by 2010 i'm going to be down sh*t creek with no paddle! Does anyone know if there are going to be any exemptions?

Also so far I haven't actually got a portifolio, all I have been doing is taking a few pics and keeping track of all my paper work. Where is the best place to go/person to talk to to get started?

Finally the cost, do I have to pay up front or pay when you submit my folder. As all of you knowthe first year is the hardest and finding another grand may prove tricky (I'll have to charge £50 per sq m!)

Thanks for the advice:thumbsup:

cjbombero

C

ChaseTiling

Hi, 3 years experience is part time or full time. :)

As for your portfolio, try and get pictures of 'you' on the job, with references from each customer for that job too. Also, keep copies of your invoices and quotes for those jobs too, with details of stock ordered to do the job and risk assessments.

A method statemement is also a good idea to have for each job. This basically is a 'story' of how you completed the job, with what tools you used and if you had any help from other trades or tilers.

ANDY: Yes your right about the Site vs Domestic theory :)

Ant
Chase Tiling Academy

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Part Time NVQ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.