UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss past loved ones at christmas. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Just got in from avin a good drink with some great company this afternoon... Dave from PHG and faithy..

Then i read Gisela's thread about her Dad.. and this brings home a few things,, christmas is really a happy place but also a place that memories of loved ones come flooding back..

So.. please.. lets have a couple mins to think about what might have been and what will be..

ALL the best from ME and mine..:thumbsup:
Thankyou..:)

D

doug boardley

Yes, I remember, too, Doug, actually there was something the other day I can't remember right now and I thought, your Mum would have liked that, something about being spirited ... and that makes me think, it really is not how long we live or when we die, it's how we live ... that's all what's important in the end...
I think it was the sledge that I made out of mums zimmer frame Gisela:thumbsup: It never really performed as I thought it would tho',,,,needs a bit of tweaking methinks:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

And all the best to you and yours Dave.

It's been 25 years since my farther died at the age of 46 and I still think of him most days and wonder if I would have made him proud. He was a big family man and it always gets to me..... knowing he never got to meet his grandchildren.

Well knowing of your presence on tilers forums,, and if that is anything to go by, then your Dad would be a very proud man.

U

user123

I think it was the sledge that I made out of mums zimmer frame Gisela:thumbsup: It never really performed as I thought it would tho',,,,needs a bit of tweaking methinks:thumbsup:

No after that, I remember now, it was an old lady on TV, I still can't think of what on earth I watched though, she was full of character and young at heart, and I thought of your Mum ... you described her well, I feel I knew her, if that makes sense...

D

doug boardley

No after that, I remember now, it was an old lady on TV, I still can't think of what on earth I watched though, she was full of character and young at heart, and I thought of your Mum ... you described her well, I feel I knew her, if that makes sense...
well she certainly touched a lot of people Gisela, she would've loved to have met you as she really loved art and philosophy:gossip:

D

doug boardley

Also Gisela, I think that mum will be smiling at what I've bought today with some of the money she left me,
a) a nice vehicle to do the work I love doing and provide for my family
b) a lovely large dining table that extends to seat 10, we always had meals at the table and talked about our day
c) a big 9 seater leather corner sofa so we can all comfortably spend our evenings together

still got a bit to get through but next is a caravan for holidays:thumbsup:

U

user123

I'm NOT going to do this, the mixed feeling thing because of a date. Why put so much onus on the day, it doesn't do anyone any good. Would the people who die around Christmas want us to have a ruined Christmas forever?? Of course not. Be sad that they are gone, and be happy that they were alive, but to put sentiment on a date is just wrong, dates don't matter. Lives do. And all of us and the people we love and are alive with us, we have living to do, we must enjoy and cherish what we have. Please.

A

albyshellshear

And all the best to you and yours Dave.

It's been 25 years since my farther died at the age of 46 and I still think of him most days and wonder if I would have made him proud. He was a big family man and it always gets to me..... knowing he never got to meet his grandchildren.
Same hear 25 years ago my Dad passed he was 47 and a loud proud family man I hope I can fill half of his boots

Last edited by a moderator:
A

albyshellshear

I'm NOT going to do this, the mixed feeling thing because of a date. Why put so much onus on the day, it doesn't do anyone any good. Would the people who die around Christmas want us to have a ruined Christmas forever?? Of course not. Be sad that they are gone, and be happy that they were alive, but to put sentiment on a date is just wrong, dates don't matter. Lives do. And all of us and the people we love and are alive with us, we have living to do, we must enjoy and cherish what we have. Please.
I Agree totaly Giz celibrate there lives not there deaths think of all the good times that made you smile and have a place in your heart, then raise a glass and cheer the good old times

A

Aston

yes, its a hard time of the year when you have lost close family..

1975, my grandad died at christmas, then 6 weeks later my uncle was punched by his best mate, he hit his head on the railing and died in my nan living room floor infront of me. i was 6 at the time.

lost my mum in 1995, she was 45 and left a five year old boy behind. then six months later lost my uncle, aunty, nan.

my wifes dad died 10 years ago this christmas, we had the funeral the day after boxing day 2000. tore my wifes heart out..

my nan has a little line in the book of rememberance that reads....

' To live in the hearts of those you love, is not to die'..... sums everything up for me!! they cant die when they leave so much love can they?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to past loved ones at christmas. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
Bit of a long read......but it made me chuckle a lot. Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
H
Got a call from a lady who had hired someone to refurb her bathroom. Guy had been there every...
Replies
Views
C
:smile::smile::smile:hi pals, Cassie here again. Thanks for all the great advice you gave us. I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.