Discuss Payment Problem - New One On Me! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

I was introduced to a customer by a builder who was working for her on a pretty large project.
I quoted her. I had an emailed response saying my price is ok.
I clearly told her on our first meeting I don't sub - I only work for end-users.
I invoiced her for materials in advance (which she paid).
I have stacks of emails and texts with our discussions about the bathrooms etc.
Now she is in dispute with the builder (massive scope creep on the job)
I put my invoice in for payment on one bathroom as I couldn't complete both due to the dispute holding things up. Now she sends me an email stating that as a sub-contractor for the builder I should take it up with him!

What do you think?!

B

bcd-87

I was introduced to a customer by a builder who was working for her on a pretty large project.
I quoted her. I had an emailed response saying my price is ok.
I clearly told her on our first meeting I don't sub - I only work for end-users.
I invoiced her for materials in advance (which she paid).
I have stacks of emails and texts with our discussions about the bathrooms etc.
Now she is in dispute with the builder (massive scope creep on the job)
I put my invoice in for payment on one bathroom as I couldn't complete both due to the dispute holding things up. Now she sends me an email stating that as a sub-contractor for the builder I should take it up with him!

What do you think?!

Im sorry to hear this mate, none of use are safe !! i have clear T&Cs and half the time clients still try and f**k around.. i do all this checkatrade s**t it should be checka homeowner !! sorry for the language

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Payment Problem - New One On Me! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB