UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss payments in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

georgetknight

how do you all work your payments from customers such as money for materials on starting the job rest on completion or full payment at the end just interested i personally tell them at the quote stage how i work which is i do half the job then take half the money and then get the other half on completion never not been paid obviously this doesnt apply to repeat customers but i feel it gives me a heads up at the half way point as if they are not going to pay .your thoughts

C

Concept PHT

Payment in full on completion :)

Agreed :)
The amount of stories I have heard of 'cowboy' tilers demanding money up front and not showing up to complete the job is terrible.

By fronting the capital for materials yourself, it shows you are a trustworty and organised tradesman, and will help to secure the job.

However, I have had to supply bathrooms before. Which goes into thousands. So obvioulsy you are within your right to ask for part payment for this upfront as you don't want to be lumbered with a bathroom suite if the customer decides to pull the plug last minute.

:)

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

georgetknight

cheers for the replys all very good points looks like im certainly the minority on this one and thats why i think the forum and also all the people who reply to these post give a good bit of honest advice that may help others and also myself in the future i agree i think that in future unless its a lot of outlay on materials i wont be asking for any money untill the end of the job and customer is happy i think that this will create a better image of me and my company.

thanks for the help

L

Leatherface

Cheers George - good luck.
It's is always a risk that people won't pay - guess you have to take that risk.
Sure that many of us know a few dodgy people who will get the money back for us if needed - even if it costs us a percentage. I know one or two. Far more effective and quicker than County Court :wink_smile:
Have only used him once, had waited 3 months for £900.00. Cost me £200 and got my money a week and a half after I gave him the go ahead. Happy with that - may not have got a penny otherwise. He can be a nasty piece of work when he has to.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to payments in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Unfortunately the tiler did not follow the manufactures instructions for mixing up the two part...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently carried out work on tiling a fireplace for customer. I took my time and got the...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.