Discuss pecilastic over plywood and under electric heat mats in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

i would be interested to hear opinions about pci pecilastic used in conjunction with electric heat mats and over plywood decking.
my understanding is that pecilastic can be stuck to plywood and heat mats laid directly on to pecilastic.
I am then led to understand that tiles can be bedded straight on top of electric mats.
I would normally cover mats with latex before fixing.
this reduces the overall finished build up against using ditra mat.
I am not questioning this method of fixing but it is interesting how it differs from the the method required over or under ditra mat.
my understanding of ditra mat is that you either lay mat down first on plywood and you need to cover mat with minimum 4mm adhesive or latex before laying heat mat on top.
Or you lay electric mat down on plywood and then must cover top of element with minimum 4mm before laying ditra on top.
If i had to make a choice of those two options i would put ditra down first but in reality i would not use ditra at all.
when you think that after using ditra /adhesive and covering ditra with 4mm you are up to 8mm , i would always use dukkaboard/wedi/marmox or similar that helps reduce loss of heat through floor and speed up warm up time or use pecilastic.
whilst on topic of ditra i wonder how many members are aware that schluter do not recommend ditra over plywood when there is water fed underfloor heating in trays between joists . up until few years ago they were fine with this.in reality i have done dozens of jobs with water heat pipes between joists and provided the ply wood is well screw fixed has never been an issue.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to pecilastic over plywood and under electric heat mats in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB