Discuss Persistence pays off in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

a couple of months ago my mate in Perthshire phoned me to see if I could tile his latest development, "No way Steve, sorry mate, I doubt I can do 440 mile round trip and be home in time for kids back from school" says I.
He phoned again a couple of weeks later to ask again, but my reply was the same so he got a firm from Glasgow in. Apparently the've made a real mess of it, so he was on the phone again a couple of weeks ago to see if I could go and sort it out. I asked him how his amnesia was and gave him the same reply, "No, sorry mate"
He phoned up last night and said he's gonna keep ringing until I change my mind. Anyway I said that if I could get somebody that I trust to see the kids onto and off the school bus I'd do it. Sister-in-law offered but she'd need paying, so he rang again today and I told him the score and he's only too happy to pay S-i-L (£150 for 10 hours):thumbsup:
So next Friday I'll be on my way up there for 9 days probably working 16 - 18 hour days (like I did for 3 months last time I was up there).Will come back the following Sunday and then off to Centre Parcs for a week:hurray:
I'm just gonna have to load the van up with everything I think I might need and hope I've not forgotten anything as it's miles from anywhere:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

That's a good friend dougy.

Could you not have passed it onto somebody you know off here though? Or is he adamant it has to be you?
I did say that I could probably find someone off here, Trevortine and Enduro showed interest when I mentioned it on FB, but he was determined that he wanted me to do it. I've done a lot of work for him before when he lived down here and since he moved up to Scotland, so maybe he's thinking better the devil you know kinda thing:thumbsup:

Reply to Persistence pays off in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
I was hoping for some advice. I have large white tiles in my kitchen who a friend laid. I was...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Persistence pays off
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.