Discuss Personalised plates in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

steve187

How many people have these and then incorrectly set out the numbers/letters and then fail to conform to the road traffic act. in my personal option, number plates are to identify the vehicle easily in the case of accidents etc, surely the surface area of the van is big enough for any advertising that is required.
i dont see why we can not buy any series of words/letters that we want from DLVA Swansea, and display them, but display them as they were intended to be displayed clearly and easily readable, ie ''dolly bird'' , ''train spotter'' etc. Swansea could make a small fortune from that, instead of selling number that will be displayed misaligned.
A personal hate of mine to see black screw caps added to a number plate to make it read something that doesn't mean anything to 99% of the population, ( i think this stems from my time as a motorway traffic cop)

rant over, i'm sitting down so comments anticipated

so in answer to peters post i am not in favour of personlised plates in the current form.

B

Bubblecraft

I've had cherished plates all my driving life & my father was the same. I fully agree Steve with what you are saying about misspelt, wrongly sized lettering, illegal fonts etc. Plates are designed to ID a vehicle in the event of a RTA but if the law is followed correctly regarding these, then there is no harm in them at all.

Plates can give that finishing touch to a vehicle. It can show your funny side & creative side. Makes me smile every time I see my plates. Reminds me how hard I've worked to be where I am.

Just back from a walk with the dog...there's another smile from me!

arynyte8.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Personalised plates in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB