UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Petrol prices , we should do something in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

The price of oil is as low as it has been for a while, the oil companies have simply jacked their prices up and the labour government will not do anything as they rake in extra VAT for every increase,to help make up for the financial disaster that we are in, thanks to 10 yrs under Gordan Brown first as chancellor of the exchequer and then as unelected prime minister

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting 114.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying 1.50 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and

pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ...

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt,

all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference . If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 90p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

Another post from the sparks forum but a worthy one.:thumbsup:

P

Prem Tiler

I only buy from Morrisons anyway :thumbsup:

Don't ESSO or BP supply some of the supermarkets? If they do then it wouldn't really work.

I agree something should be done but its so hard to organise and get a buy in from every driver in the UK.

Yes I think they do but the aim is to show them who has the power.

The money the would lose if we only bought from supermarkets would be enough to get the point across.

Sad thing is bp and esso are mostly franchises so there will be lots of asian's out of pocket to.

C

CJ CERAMICS

I only buy from Morrisons anyway :thumbsup:

Don't ESSO or BP supply some of the supermarkets? If they do then it wouldn't really work.

I agree something should be done but its so hard to organise and get a buy in from every driver in the UK.

esso and bp do supply some of the supermarkets yes but they sell it to them at a discounted rate and make the vast majority of their profits from their own forecourts.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Petrol prices , we should do something in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

uHeat and TilersForums.com go Way Back - And Continue to Partner-up to Bring You Savings on...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
A
I've been tiling for about 10 years commercial and site work and preparing to go solo and set up...
Replies
Views
alexc1989
A
  • Question
Okay so I'm going to start the ball rolling. I'd like the forum to be handy for all, including...
Replies
Views
T
When looking at the opportunity to work in the USA, it's obvious that we here in Britain have it...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.