Discuss Phoneshop on E4 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Meant to watch it but forgot, but last few nights I've watched the 4 episodes on 4OD, loving the area manager!

I recently bought a laptop to take on site so was looking for PAYG mobile broadband as it will only be occassional use, so went round all the providers and I sware I met Ashley working in Orange! he wouldn't shut the hell up, fancied himself as a right wide boy. To be fair most of the phone salesmen in Brighton aren't too bad, but you just know some of them are estate agents in the making

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
who did you work for Dan?

When I was about 16 I worked for a local firm, Bailey Sound and Vision, a dodgy firm buying French phones and unlocking them to british networks and then selling them on in the UK. They also used to take phones that were cheap here to France and the guys there would unlock them and sell them over there on their networks.

Then a few years later I worked for Caudwell's, Phones4u and Singlepoint - both in Sales.
I got the sack for setting up a website called Phones4Us.com (should have thought it through really) and used DialaPhone to send out deals aswell as a white label ukphoneshop.com website under kcmobiles.com.

The guy who did it with me now runs a huge gadgets company importing gadgets and flogging them to the lieks of TX Max and whatnot, as well as running a dozen online stores (he even had girls pleasure toys stores at one point [didn't know how to say that, I'm sure you get what I mean]).

And clearly I ran a few online stores and ended up with this place, so it wasn't a bad move, we both could have been still selling phones now!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Meant to watch it but forgot, but last few nights I've watched the 4 episodes on 4OD, loving the area manager!

I recently bought a laptop to take on site so was looking for PAYG mobile broadband as it will only be occassional use, so went round all the providers and I sware I met Ashley working in Orange! he wouldn't shut the hell up, fancied himself as a right wide boy. To be fair most of the phone salesmen in Brighton aren't too bad, but you just know some of them are estate agents in the making

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yup. Sounds very Caudwell. lol

You know, he started off selling cars not far from where I lived. And he dropped on mobiles when orange first came to the UK. They were a big battery and basically a home phone on top of it. He wanted to put them in cars but sold more out the boot of his own at pubs. About 3k each at the time.

When he first got actual mobiles from orange, he was one of the first in the midlands. He had 4 staff, and it took them all 6 months to sell 1. Between them, not each. In the next 6 months he sold 12. In the next 6 months he sold more than a million.

Right place at the right time mate.

Phones are done now. Something else next and you might just see it on Dragon's Den.

Reply to Phoneshop on E4 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
As I've never really been in this position before until now due ,to a few local tile shops I did...
Replies
Views
NOT SAFE FOR WORK. ONLY READ THIS ON A PERSONAL COMPUTER. After having been...
Replies
Views
S
M
Hi all, I am going to a play tomorrow night an it is about 4 tilers. Did anyone on the forum...
Replies
Views
M
I hate these types of companies. Check this out. A company named Group 3 Energy setup some...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Phoneshop on E4
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.