Discuss Pimer G'd then had a baby in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all, so i was gettig ready to tile the bathroom wall, and primed all the freshly plaster walls (plastered 7 weeks ago) with primer G, waiting for it to dry and the other half went into labour.

Q1. Do I have to prime the walls again?

Q2. Can you paint over primer g. As some of my walls im only tiling halfway up so wondering if i can use primer g the top half as well meaning i wont need a mist coat?

Thanks all

Depends on what dilution rate the primer was in the first place and the porosity of the substrate but if it was a 1:3 rate then you should be fine to paint straight on it
i found the instructions a little confusing, on the bottle it said between 1:1 and 1:3, but then the tech data said on plaster paint it on neat, a lot of people on this forum have said neat too and also meantioned 2 coats, so I called mapei up and they said 1 coat at 1:1 so i did that.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Pimer G'd then had a baby in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a keen DIYer and have chosen an Impey Aqua Dec 4 and waterguard tanking kit. The Aqua...
Replies
Views
I have a small kitchen with a floor area of 265cm x 140cm with the door recess adding another 20...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB