Discuss Plan for Wetroom in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

IHB

I'm DIYing a couple of bathrooms and wonder if you can comment on my plan for preparing the walls and floors.

For the floors:
Maxxus wetroom deck
18mm ply + 6mm Hardie Backer Board + 6mm Marmox
Dural Durabase CI+
Tiles: 12mm stone (trav/limestone/marble) - 50x50 mosaics in the shower tray area + 600 x 400 (or similar) elsewhere.
Adhesive - weber.set rapid SPF
Grout - weber.joint pro
[6mm Marmox was because I’d planned on UFH & needed minimal height. Decided to omit UFH now so could leave Marmox out now or increase to 10mm]

For the walls:
10mm Hardy backer fixed to battens (25mm Celotex between the battens on external walls)
Dural Durabase WP in shower area.
Tiles, Adhesive and Grout - same as floor.

Does this seem reasonable to you? Have I made any mistakes? Any advice gratefully received.

I

IHB

Two belts and two braces at least :smile5:

The Marmox was there mainly because I was going to have UFH and needed to have some insulation. Not sure whether the insulation will still be useful even without UFH and could leave it out if it serves no purpose.

Dura WP is because I thought I needed to tank the walls (just round the shower area). If I don't tank the walls isn't there a chance that any water may get down the back of the floor tanking where it laps up onto the wall?

Or is tanking all OTT given the floor and wall materials anyway?

IHB, i can only advise as i would i you came into one of our showrooms......

We would advise:
For the floors:
PCS Showerlay
10mm PCS Board
Dural Durabase CI++
Tiles: 12mm stone (trav/limestone/marble) - 50x50 mosaics in the shower tray area + 600 x 400 (or similar) elsewhere.
Adhesive - weber.set rapid SPF or TileMaster Setaflex
Grout - weber.joint pro or TileMaster Grout 3000

For the walls:
10mm PCS Boards (Mechanically fixed)
Weber Tanking liquid & tape for all joints (wall & floor)
Tiles, Adhesive and Grout - same as floor.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Plan for Wetroom in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi all, have tiled small areas before but trying to create a wetroom.. I have read a lot of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB