Discuss Plazma cutter causing SPD failure?? Electrical Advice in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Staffordshire
Plazma cutter causing SPD failure?? Discussion ThreadPlazma cutter causing SPD failure?? Electrical Advice

I've just had a potentially nasty issue involving a Burnt out, type 2 SPD. My customer has been using a small plasma cutter,
I don't have the exact details of the unit to hand, but it does plug in to a standard 13a socket outlet This is a new 100a single phase TT supply to a small commercial unit.
This was a very close call. The SPD, located directly next to the consumer mainswitch, had burnt out to such a degree, that it has (fortunately) taken out the fuse at the intake.
Is it possible, this cutter could produce enough transient voltage to create this issue?
I was led to believe, these devices should go open circuit when they fail.

Plazma cutter causing SPD failure?? for the original thread on Electricians Forums

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Plazma cutter causing SPD failure?? Electrical Advice in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB