Discuss Please confirm before i buy in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SB4U

Hi. I'm going to get started tiling in my en-suite soon but just wanted to check my adhesive choice with you before I buy.

The tiles are 300x600x9 ceramic and the walls are unskimmed plasterboard in the dry areas, and aquapanel with impey waterguard tanking membrane over in the shower area.

I've gathered from browsing this forum that I need to use single part flexible cement based adhesive so thought I'd get Mapei Mapeker Rapid Set Flex Tile Adhesive (Grey) from Screwfix as it seems pretty good value. I'd intended using a 10mm notched trowel and back buttering the tiles too. Am I on the right track?

Can you also tell me if I need to use any primer on the bare plasterboard too?

Many thanks
Steve

S

SB4U

Thanks guys. I've just been searching online to see where I can get the Weber stuff from but I'm not having much luck as a non-trade customer unless I pay a fortune in postage. There looks like there's some non-Topps tile warehouses in Brighton, one of which, called MasterTiles, looks promising if their website is anything to go by, so I'll give them a ring or drop in this week.

Do you have any other recommendations of suitable adhesive for my tiles if they don't stock the first suggestion?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Please confirm before i buy in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I have recently stripped the bathroom. I have 2 walls in non water area. One wall is new...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me. I have a brick wall that’s had render put on it and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB