Discuss Please help grout!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Sorry floor tiles porcelain tiles what could this be he said possibly settlement cracks hes coming back this week but will this be a problem in the future? Thanks for your reply
I would assume (does it have underfloor heating) could be his mix was different for each time he grouted. You do get a difference in colour when drying! photos would be ideal?

Sorry floor tiles porcelain tiles what could this be he said possibly settlement cracks hes coming back this week but will this be a problem in the future? Thanks for your reply
Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but if grout has cracked in any situation, in any installation, then the reasons are this:

Movement in the background substrate (maybe moisture or weight) causing lifting of the tile adhesive bed from the substrate, thus causing grout movement and cracking.

It's a 100% indication that the tile installation has failed if the grout has cracked.

For that reason, I don't carry out re-grouting, as it's a tile bonding failure.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Please help grout!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m after some help please. I had someone come tile my en-suite and it was looking ok until...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB