UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Please help identify this tile and install method? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

skysummit

Hello, I was given a large quantity of Italian Cotto style tile that a friend had purchased years ago for a project that never happened. I would like to use this for an outdoor patio and steps but I've never seen tile like this before. I went to what I believe is the manufacturers website but I see nothing there that simulates this tile in design. I thought I would try for help here before attempting to contact the manufacturer in Italy ( I live in California and speak no Italian). The person that gave the tile to me has lost all of the literature. The packaging on some of the tile says "cottoimpruneta made in Italy".

The bulk of the tiles are rectangles along with some squares. There are also some stair treads, corners treads and finish pieces that I cannot figure out. There is also a double piece which is thicker than the rest which I have no clue (1st photo standing on edge)? Any help on best installation method for outdoor non freeze climate along with identifying how these finish/trim pieces are used would be appreciated. I would also like to know the significance of the hollow centers of the tile. I'm guessing it's for insulation or freeze protection bot not sure? I can post additional photos if needed. All comment and suggestions welcome.

Thank you

IMG_9793.jpg IMG_9790.jpg IMG_9782.jpg IMG_9783.jpg IMG_9791.jpg

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England

COTTO IMPRUNETA - Products

just found this website.
im thinking the 1st pic the smallish ones are your rises when split(the front of the step)which the round edge step will sit on top,the square tiles are just that,the floor tiles,and the bits could be a mould for when the riser meets the next step,sort of like a fancy little skirting.
they are made 'hollow' so they don't lift when set,gives them a good key to the adhesive,like a frog in a brick.
they look terracotta,we used to set them in sand and cement,but im sure they have adhesives you could use .
i could be wrong,im just guessing,hope it helps,look nice though:thumbsup:

ps......click on the terminalli tile on the website,it shows some steps​

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Please help identify this tile and install method? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hello need some help had a new bathroom done though a builder and the tiling does not look like...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.