UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Please help with wooden flooring under tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sachinj

Hi guys, i need some advice from the pros!

I'm re-doing my bathroom but not too sure which way to go with the flooring.
The floorboards are in pretty bad shape and have warped a fair bit. Want to take them out and lay some plywood down instead. My question is; will 18mm WBP plywood screwed down at 400mm centres be ok?
I would love to be able to get away with 18mm as once everything is down, it should be near perfectly level with the landing floor (cheaper too!).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sachin

C

CJ CERAMICS

hi sachin, fairly standard size bathroom floor. if it was me i would definately use 22 mm marine ply and add the noggins as before this will strenghten the floor and reduce the risk of movement although it will be more expensive now to do this it will save you money in the long run. bal spf adhesives are one of the best brands just make sure that you follow the mixing instructions, i would also use a bal flexible adhesive pref bal micro flex which is an antibacterial grout.
chris

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Please help with wooden flooring under tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, my name is David, nice to meet you all. I would like to ask you all your...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.