UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Please help, would really really appreciate it... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Please please please add your objection to this, for me and all the people of the Northern part of Scarborough, we need your help. Any questions just ask..

Hello good people

waterpark.jpg

This project will be built just behind our fence, literally, if we don't manage to stop it! Please do look at the size of it, spreading and towering over us approx 5 yards behind our fence, and please please please help all the residents in this very quiet residential estate to stop this from happening.

The field this is supposed to be built on also happens to be the only level access to a bit of nature and green space for elderly and disabled walkers and dog owners around for the North Bay/Burniston Road residents.

‘The Sands’ on show - Local Focus - Scarborough Evening News

More info on the German water park, including opening times and prices, which for the company to make a profit will have to be roughly the same here. Remember, the profits will not go to the town of Scarborough, but to Benchmark and Alpamare only. Considering the financial situation and the difficulty for people from outside to actually get to Burniston Road I could easily foresee this thing becoming unprofitable fairly quickly and we'd have a dilapidated eyesore which would not be the responsibility of the council, e.g see the exterior of the Hollywood plaza cinema as a case in point.
alpamare :: more fun ::*Opening Hours

You can object on-line here:

11/01844/FL | Erection of holiday lodges, holiday homes, family restaurant, a water park, parking amenity areas and landscaping | The Sands Burniston Road Northstead Scarborough North Yorkshire YO12 6PG
My main personal concerns are permanent noise and air pollution (where are the chlorine outlet pipes going to go? Not to the front of the building...) The disruption during building works, the all day every day business with related noise, including the open air swimming pool bit, tannoy announcements, music perhaps on top of the children quite rightly enjoying themselves. The open air pool will be just below the block of flats. The 6 storey tower is built on the far end of the complex, looking at that photo in the paper the borderline of our estate is on the left. Some good soul who wrote in to object mentioned vibration from the pumps etc, another increment I hadn't thought of, but makes sense as the huge flume slide needs to be powered, as well as the wave pool, etc. As to the wildlife we have on here, our bats and owls at night, well, we'd like to keep them, wouldn't we?

If you want to see the comments on-line others have left, you need to click onto 'external documents' and then click on the names one by one, the comments, even the handwritten ones will open in a separate window. If you need any help with this, please ask, my phone number is in my signature below. Please do feel free to pass this email on to others who would support our objection, they do not have to be from the area, as the commentator options show. Within the comments there are also some site plans, the main one of which I have attached as a pdf file. Please view it in combination with the artist impression from the paper.

The plans are still visible in the town hall, I have been to see them twice and spoke with the two planning officers there, one of whom doesn't live in Scarborough, so had absolutely no idea. Both of them were very nice and friendly, but really had no clue of the impact on us residents. Speaking to the planners the benefit of the scheme would solely be through visitors driving through town to get there and spend money there, as the town is dying. So their words. (Ignoring the fact that the town is dying because of the outrageous business rates shop owners have to shell out....) I also went on twitter and of facebook about this, and as I am in contact with Yorkshire Coast Radio on twitter their Kevin rang me up to ask me all about it, not on air, but was very interested in learning about it so he could ask the right questions when the time came. It may well be that if we want to make our objections heard on radio that this could be an option.

I am not in the habit of being a protester, but this really worries me, for all our sakes in North Scarborough, our lifestyle here and our property values.

Commenting will only take a minute, but would be very very much appreciated, THANK YOU!

xxGisela & local residents

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

gisela, the link wouldn't open from TF, so I followed the link on your facebook, do I need to register to object?

Oh, thanks for letting me know, Doug, and you actually know the field in question, don't you... thanks for caring, really. As for registering, they do ask for your name and address, you can comment as an outside interested party or 'other' they do not publish your email and phone number. I will repost then... :thumbsup: True pal, aren't you! ***

‘The Sands’ on show - Local Focus - Scarborough Evening News

alpamare :: more fun ::*Opening Hours

11/01844/FL | Erection of holiday lodges, holiday homes, family restaurant, a water park, parking amenity areas and landscaping | The Sands Burniston Road Northstead Scarborough North Yorkshire YO12 6PG

Maybe a mod would put them into the original post? :) The third link takes you to the online comment page, thanks all who make the effort, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

just waiting for the activation email G:thumbsup:

Thank you SO much, Doug Dominus :) Great when friends act like friends not just talk like them. I am really trying to speak out for al the eldery residents here who don't have internet, most of whom won't know anything about it, we haven't been properly informed, and they still pay premium property prices to live somewhere quiet...

U

user123

Let them build it, it will create new jobs and attract more tourism which creates money..... money that seaside resorts need..

Don't shoot me, just my take on it.. :)

Dave, it's the site that is the question. The old waterpark site Michael mentioned is 400 yards down the hill, unusable for anything else and just turned into a temporaray pain balling venue. No residents there, perfect site for another park. The site of the new Park is next to the new open air theatre, with an access road that is tiny, to even get there is a nightmare, and it will be tucked behind holiday flats of the same private company and a restaurant of the same company, not enticing for outside tourists at all, just for the tenants of their tourist accommodation, similar to centre parks. High end tourist accomodation. Profits going to the German company. No lane swimming for locals either. £20 entrance per head for children, £25 entrance per head per adult, for 2 hours. How long do you think this would survive? And would you live with this just behind your garden fence? The new open air theatre has not got a single confirmed booking for next year, another black financial hole. The original south bay pool once so famous was allowed to fall into disrepair and stood derelict for decades.. this is just another dilapidated site waiting to happen. Not shooting you at all, I know you don't know this place, if you did you would understand. :) Doug and Bri know the place and Phil was absolutely right, it's a local beauty spot. .. bladibla.. no hard feelings, no.

Reply to Please help, would really really appreciate it... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m not an experienced tradesperson by any means, so wanted to pose a question on...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.