Discuss Plumbers Silicon On Backerboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Just been round to a job where the plumber has installed a shower tray and siliconed up the edges against the backerboard (Marmox type - unsure of make) - all fine, except he has smeared it into a thin layer approx. 30mm up all the way around.

Planning to tank the shower using Mapegum etc. Whats the best way to remove the excess before I do? Will Silicone eater harm the boards?

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Plumbers Silicon On Backerboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
After some 18 months much of the the silicone has let go from where my cut tiles meet the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a tiler turning up next week to tile my refurbished bathroom. He always uses Rocatex...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB