Discuss Ply board around a sink advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mike1979

I hope it's nobody on here as I don't want to offend or get involved too much lol I priced up a job today and the customer already had a price and the other guy came in at 350 pound and that's for 17 metres of tiling,bal adhesive,grout,primer and trim and to plumb up a sink and install ply board around the sink fit magnetic doors and fit ply board around the sink and tile the top of the ply around the sink my question is I think he is using bal blue star sticky on the ply that worries me what would you use would you tile on the ply or use something else?? I didn't get the job as I cant do plumbing or carpentry unfortunately

If the ply was primed to edges bottom and top with 2 coats of sbr would'nt think there'd be a problem but it probably won't be...

at a customers house before xmas who wanted me to re-grout there sink surround tiles... the ply was bouncing at the edges which butted up to the window bay & half of the tiles had stayed stuck but raised with the wood blowing :D

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ply board around a sink advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice! I'm re-tiling my shower after needing to rip...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, probably a pretty common question but I'm going around in circles looking online for a...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice on how much adhesive to use. I’ve taken on my first tiling project and found...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB