Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Plyboard on top of old adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cm0264

Folks - I am a handyman so not an accomplished tiler. A customer has lifted her bathroom tiles but has had problems removing all of the old adhesive from a chipbpoard floor. It is patchy and the majority of the old adhesive is still in place. She says she will have a go removing the rest but I doubt if she will be competely successful.

My question is can I put 6mm plyboard on top of the uneven old adhesive or is this not on. My guess is that it would be fairly stable when nailed on what do you think?

Reply to Plyboard on top of old adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hi, first post here. I've been lurking this forum for advice for a while, thank you all who...
Replies
Views
As an introduction, I'm a DIY home owner who has gutted the bathroom in a house built in 1980...
Replies
Views
Tony R
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Plyboard on top of old adhesive
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.