Discuss Plywood on a bathroom wall/shower in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

N

Northern Bird

the problem you have is when moisture comes trhrough. Grout and tiles are naturally porous.

And I am sure many tilers have seen where customers have not kept up to the maint. of their bathrooms. I.e. How many customers know how to seal a bath corectly before you tell them!

Plasterboard does turn to mush, Plywood and chipboard can warp and swell causing tiles to pop off. I would recommend any of the system mentioned.

Hardiebacker is avaliable in Topps and I would recommend getting a trade card.

However it is stocked in many other places.

The main thing id do it right the first time and it wont come back and get you!

How many tilers get great work on recomendations, what would happen if one job went wrong and the word got out?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Plywood on a bathroom wall/shower in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB