Discuss point me in the right direction please! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Damien Kelso

Morning all, im after some advice please
First one i have fitted aqua panel do i fit tile adheasive between boards and then tape? would a flexiable adheasive be best or the karaflex do the job which is being used for the tiles?
second question i have the mapie shower kit is it ok run the water proof tape over the joints of jointing tape once dry?
Finally! im very good at diy can plaster dot and dab wood work bricking etc would u think i would be able fit travatine tiles on a wall in a shower enclosure which is 1200x 900 if i take my time? Or is it a job for a expert? i have all the tools and know i have to back butt and wet cut any other tips? All tiers seem put of by stone and will cost alot more than i thought!
i have all the sealing solutions but now worried stone was the wrong tile to by.Thanks in advance for any replies damien.

Re the shower tanking:
You're just about there, but I'd read the instructions that come with the mapei kit

Your tiling ability to fit the Trav:
I dunno. Only you can tell if you're gonna be able to do it. Experience/Tools?

And usually I'd always say to get a pro in. In this case, a pro who is used to working with stone. And yes, I'd expect to pay more for stone fitting than say, small ceramics etc.

Good Luck.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Dot & Dabber LOL....... Get a professional tiler in to do the job right !!!!! or you will have a BIG problem Damien Kelso
user-offline.png

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to point me in the right direction please! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, probably a pretty common question but I'm going around in circles looking online for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB