Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Polished Porcelain hints in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
Evening all...hope everyone is well.

Got three jobs coming up shortly with large polished porcelain tiles and wondered if there was an easier way than I have found in the past to buff them up before and after sealing. I have always spent as long cleaning them / removing smear marks etc as laying them and think I must have missed a trick somewhere.

I normally use a diluted grimex or tile cleaner to clean and then have always used a FILA polished Porcelain sealer. Going to give Lithofin a go this time as a sealer but whats the best cleaner and the best way to rid the tile of smears etc...is it just elbow grease and time?

Cheers

Chris (just after an easy life!)

D

david campbell

when grouting try to localise the grout to the joints only,it will save time buffing off the excess also when sealing try to remove the excess sealer at the desinated time on the instructions and i don't tend to have any problems,also have several clean dry rags/old towels whatever you use as once they are covered in sealer all you are doing is dragging dirty rags over the tiles:thumbsup:

Reply to Polished Porcelain hints in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello you Pro’s out there. I am embarking on replacing my current outdoor patio concrete slabs...
Replies
Views
Advice Hi guys, got some 60cmx60cm porcelain tiles to lay in a hallway with a modular pattern...
Replies
Views
Hello Tilers! I am a homeowner in California and I thought I'd come say hi in search of a...
Replies
Views
I have been researching this for days and need some help. My garage has a concrete floor. I live...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

chris.tiling

Arms
TF
Poole
Website
http://www.christiling.co.uk

Thread Information

Title
Polished Porcelain hints
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.