Discuss polished porcelain or polished granite floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

D

DBM

Hello,
I intend to lay two small areas 4m each, kitchen and bathroom hardly any cutting involved.
My question was - are granite floor tile worth the considerable extra cost.
The granite tiles on show in the tile shops are probably hand picked for a good colour match. So what can i expect. I cant pick and chose i have to take whats delivered.
At least all the porcelain tiles will be the same shade. ( hopefully )

Regards, DBM

T

Time's Ran Out

Hi DBM,

Personally i would go for the Granite.
With 8sq mts you will no doubt get 8 boxes of 11 tiles wrapped in polysyrene boxes. Check that they are the same shade and sealed boxes.
Always take tiles from different boxes to mix blend and check the sizes. Before you fix the tiles make sure that they are an acceptable blend for you (take them back if not) as once fixed you have no recourse.I would not totally agree that porcelain is a better conductor of heat than granite -being a volcanic material - but i'll ask the question?
IMO. Porcelain is in fashion but Granite is Timeless!:thumbsup:
John.

T

Time's Ran Out

Hi DBM,

I would go for Granite.
With 8sq mts of tiles you will get 8 poystyrene boxes containing 11 tiles.
Make sure the boxes are sealed/unopened and check the shade/batch no. if available. Mix tiles from all boxes and get an acceptable blend ( if not to your approval take back now) -once fixed you have no claim!
I may not agree that porcelain is a better conductor of heat than Granite - being a volcanic material - but i'll ask the question?

Porcelain is in fashion but Granite is Timeless!:thumbsup:
John.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to polished porcelain or polished granite floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
Hello, We accidentally scratched a few tiles while moving into our new home. It has been...
Replies
Views
Hello, A tile got scratched while trying to move a heavy furniture. Now it bothers me everytime...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
HELP! I'm really hoping someone might be able to give me some advice..... our cleaner just used...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB