Discuss Polished porcelain question in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
Poss transit wax as Stef, some may remove with the grouting process, some may require a Solvent based alkali to remove and some require a stripping agent, I would test an unlaid tile to determine which you need before you lay!! Just for peace of mind, if you stripp you may need to re seal with suitable impregnator befor/after you have grouted, water test your test tile to determine this.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
These days A lot will state they are pre sealed / nano sealed- some will still need to be sealed prior to grouting.
ensure you test ,even your pre- sealed tiles for grout release as I have between 3-6 floors a month with grout contaminated surface. it depends on the quality of the tile and most importantly quality of the pre- seal. Test grout release on a spare unlaid tile- if you can't get it off this - it can be to late if you complete your floor. You can always test to top up a pre seal if not sufficient protection from the box.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Polished porcelain question in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I've got a job coming up soon in a bathroom, wall to ceiling around the bath then...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB