Currently reading:
polished porcelain tiles stained with grout dye

Discuss polished porcelain tiles stained with grout dye in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cath

Hi, I have just had my bathroom tiled with light grey and charcoal grey polished porcelain tiles. The charcoal grey tiles have been grouted with BAL charcoal grout. Although all of the tiles have been sealed, the light grey tiles adjacent to the charcoal grey tiles have picked up stains from the charcoal grout. The staining is below the surface and so I guess is due to the dye. Any ideas for how to remove?

Thanks

Cath

F

Floor_Restorer

Hi Cath,

I use LTP Online | Cleaning Products (Grout Stain remover) to remove some grout stains from procelain tiles. As with every new product, read the instructions!

I would recommend that you use gloves and watch spills as any grout stain remover is agressive and acidic.

Many other manufacturers such as Lithofin, Aquamix and Fila have similar products, but I find the LTP effective.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
Hi Cath, You have grout in the micro -pores of the tile, which in some cases cannot be removed with a acid based cleaner. Lithofin now have a cleaner "ABRA CLEAN" this is used mainly for removing polimer waxes,pencil marks from porcelain, but i have had good results in removing inground grouts from the surface cappilaries of some tiles. Use a white pad to clean back. This product will need a test on a separate tile. Good luck.

J

j9toby

Resurecting this thread, I have the same problem with heavy staining from BAL ebony grout on a BnQ white polished (40 x 40) porcelain tile :thumbsdown:

I guess I need two answers:

1. What can I do to prevent this happening again, should I seal porcelain before grouting?

and

2. How can I fix this job? I really dont want to have smash up the tiles an replace them.......

I have tried the stong residue remover from Topps, dilute and neat to no avail.

TY in advance

Reply to polished porcelain tiles stained with grout dye in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

TF on Facebook

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.