Currently reading:
Polished porcelain tiles

Discuss Polished porcelain tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Welshwizard63

Hi I recently bought polished porcelain black 300 x 600 tiles for my kitchen and had them professionally laid with all the recommended bal products flexible fixative and grout stripper and sealer.i was advised to cover in jewson light weight adhesive plastic sheet on a roll and cordex corrugated sheeting whilst the kitchen was being fitted. Now fitted the protective covering has been removed there are dark black streaky lines all over the surface of the tiles.note the tiles were sealed before and after grouting.i have tried to clean the tiles with the recommended stripper but no joy .any ideas where the streaks may come from ,I have contacted topps tiles but as yet no one has come back to me .any ideas would be gratefully accepted.WW

W

Welshwizard63

Difficult to get photo ,when tiles are in the dark they look jet black but I now have spot lights which highlights the marks best photo I can get is attached

Attachments

• image.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 106
O

Old Mod

[MENTION=21343]WEL[/MENTION]shwizard
Are you saying u stuck sticky backed plastic straight over tile?
Does the surface of the tile feel different to the touch between the two colours?
Are u sure the black streaks are not the true colour?
On highly polished porcelain a residue can remain thro polishing process.
Fila do a great product called Deterdek Concentrated Acid Detergent. If that's the problem chances are this'll fix it. Follow instructions exactly for its use. Bit of faffing about (wet and dry vac needed) but it works. And u can increase the ratio of acid to water without problems.

W

Welshwizard63

Tiles finished on a Tuesday plastic fitted late Wednesday for kitchen fitter on a Thursday and plastic taken off a week later.the tile feels no different on either colour .i had one spare tile over and the original colour is closer to the darker streaks .i have tried the fils standard stripper photo attached with made no difference I assume the detergent you mention is something different.i have an old wet and dry.ww

Attachments

• image.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 67
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Polished porcelain tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Had wet system UFH installed on a concrete subfloor to the whole ground floor ie living room...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Please help me. Really having a nightmare here. Just moved into a new house and the...
Replies
Views
We moved into a new build property about a year ago. Entire ground floor is fitted with Johnson...
Replies
Views
J Sid
J
Hi, I've been planning on tiling my 16sq m dining room floor for ages, so have been reading...
Replies
Views
M
We have just had B&Q fit a kitchen but although we have had B&Q tiles also, we got an...
Replies
Views
Davidf
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB