Discuss Polished Tiles - Maintenance in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kevg

I am a bit of a genius when it comes to car machine polishing (ok ok, sorry for blowing my own trumpet lol) and I was wondering, just how are polished tiles done and what can I do to maintain them ?

I assume the tiles are machine polished in some way and there has been no laquer or liquid added to bring up that shine ? If that is the case and the stone itself has been buffed to the polished look... my next question is ... say I some how trail a little stone through my tiles with my slippers and cause a few scratches, I am ok to machine polish the tiles to get the scratch out ? Or will my machine pads not make a dent on them ?

K

kevg

They won't touch them if scratches are heavy enough.. light and i mean light ones might buff out..

Stone is polished with varying degrees of grit or diamond pads and even larger drum machines etc till the grit/diamond is fine enough to produce a high polish.. the best results are done with wet polishing.. not one that can be done with a car polishing buffing pad kit i'm afraid.

Thanks Dave, I wasnt holding out much hope.

Reply to Polished Tiles - Maintenance in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hello to the forum. I am a carpenter and have undertaken tiling in my own house. I completed the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Polished Tiles - Maintenance
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.