Discuss Polisher in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

I have the Makita 9565cvl, awesome bit of kit.

We sold loads of those but for some absurd reason Makita stopped making it last year and replaced it with the SA5040, which in a word is garbage.

If you want a dedicated polisher (you already have a grinder) then the FLEX L1503 (1200-3700rpm) is the way to go.

If you don't have a grinder and want a more versatile machine then the FLEX L1506 (2200-6800rpm) is the way to go.

Same machines, different gearbox. German made, Flex invented the angle grinder. They are the brand of choice for stone masonry.

When buying a variable speed machine, buy something that is going to be operating towards it's upper speed range. Variable speed machines (whatever brand) don't like extended periods of use at their low speed. It's like a car sitting in traffic on a hot day, they tend to overheat a little.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Polisher in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB