Discuss Polishing of quartz slabs in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

BILLY BENAWRA

Hello,

I am new member of Tilers Forum.
I used to make custom made lighting using hand blown glass extruded tubes from Murano Italy.
I want to design a new column lamp using polished quartz slab 100mm x 100mm or 120mm x 120mm as a base with hollow reeded glass tube.
I have 2 questions -
From where can I get 100mm x 100mm quartz slab WITH polished edges?
If I were to cut the quartz slab myself with a diamond tile cutter, is there an easy way I can polish the edges?
The thickness of the slab is about 10mm - 12mm and I am going to use round polished glass discs as feet of the lamp using Boehler UPV glue.

My next project will be to design a mini-bar tray using quartz tile (square and round) with small brass pillars and brass rail all around the edge of the tile.
Again the edges require polishing for a good presentation to 4 or 5 star hotels. The bottom of tray will be with felt so furniture does not get scratched. Can someone support me with some nice colour quartz tile samples?

I will appreciate to receive your comments.

Billy

C

Concrete guy

We do polishing pads specifically designed for polishing quartz and man made product (as opposed to natural stones).

These cannot be used dry so you'll need a variable speed grinder/polisher and a constant supply of water or preferably a wet polisher.

Used wet, these will reproduce the same degree of polished achieved by the manufacturer.

You're not based that far from Compac (a quartz slab manufacturer) - may as well start talking with one of the manufacturers.

[h=2]Compac Marmol & Quartz[/h]
[COLOR=#669900 !important]Unit 4, Aerodrome Way Heston, TW5 9QB[/COLOR]
Tel: 020 8564 9377

Also the brand leader of Quartz is Silestone (Cosentino group) - You can find them here.

Kitchen countertops and quartz bathroom surfaces by Silestone

Our Quartz Polishing pads :-

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Polishing of quartz slabs in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I plan to lay a circa 8m x 4m patio using a concrete slab and fixing with tile adhesive. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, laying some of those polished quartz tiles with sparkly bits in. Do they need sealing, I...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I'm new here. Me and the wife have just got out first house and want black quartz tiles in...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Following some excellent advice from you in 2012, I successfully laid approximately...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
J
hello im new on here I have a question. I am planning on fixing some quartz 10mm thick wall...
Replies
Views
Peter
P

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB