Discuss Polystyrene suspended floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbieraven

Hi all,

Try and keep this short, new build garden room with concrete screed is joining up to an existing kitchen. Kitchen is currently Amtico, ripped up to reveal, 6mm ply, then 22mm chipboard and then polystyrene and then concrete, does anybody know anything about polystyrene suspended floors? I wondered if there are likely to be battens/joists or does the chipboard just float on the polystyrene? Not come across one of these before, was planning to 6mm Hardiebacker the chipboard to prep it but I'd like to know a bit more about the polystyrene base? Is it tileable?

Cheers Rob

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Polystyrene suspended floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
I'm a total tiling beginner having my kitchen/diner redone by builders. The dining area has a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB