Discuss pool renovation in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Just out of interest Dave, how did you get into tiling pools? Have you only ever done pools or did you start out doing bathrooms and floors like us mere mortals? :)

Don't you start on pools and progress to splashbacks and then bathrooms Bri? :sofahide:

Oh, and best of luck Dave getting the job :thumbsup:

P

Peter

Phil getting his photograph taken for his first CSCS card

1893.jpg

:lol:

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Just out of interest Dave, how did you get into tiling pools? Have you only ever done pools or did you start out doing bathrooms and floors like us mere mortals? :)
Thanks for the best wishes everyone !.
As MARK said really ,i did my apprenticeship in plastering , then landed a job with a company that made a very fine terrazzo /pool plaster going round the country lining pools they also had a mosaic tiling side that was run and worked by Italian guys only , as italians would always keep there trade knowledge secret in them days Terrazzo,mosaic,ash felt .ect, anyway if we were a bit quiet on the rendering side then i would go and work with a guy called Tony Minoli he was a cockney italian and we used to get on very well together , and i learned all i know really from him, his family run this company now Minoli for quality ceramic and porcelain wall and floor tiles | Minoli this company was one of his brothers, anyway i worked for a few other companies doing swimming pools then started on my own thats it really Downhill from there lol.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to pool renovation in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm not sure if this is a tiling question, but here goes. The guys who installed the...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB