Discuss Poor quality tilers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

first stop trying to be his mate he has to earn that the only reason his work is crap is you allow it and he knows it mate .set a standard and the second he falls roast him .take no prisoner .any body you employ is a reflesion of you and your standards .now you no how to get the best out someone .if they cant be the best set them straight there and then .next time they get a chance they will rember your words ringing in there ears .it will drive the best to prove you wrong thats how you help them to change there life .and some years later will come back and thank you for it .every second you think about him being crap is stoping you being good .so lett him have it with bouth barrels. so he walks away or proves you wrong ever way you win

first stop trying to be his mate he has to earn that the only reason his work is crap is you allow it and he knows it mate .set a standard and the second he falls roast him .take no prisoner .any body you employ is a reflesion of you and your standards .now you no how to get the best out someone .if they cant be the best set them straight there and then .next time they get a chance they will rember your words ringing in there ears .it will drive the best to prove you wrong thats how you help them to change there life .and some years later will come back and thank you for it .every second you think about him being crap is stoping you being good .so lett him have it with bouth barrels. so he walks away or proves you wrong ever way you win

Wow !. Got that off your chest then.

J

jocky102

i had the same problem years ago with an apprentice, i wanted him to learn fast and not be standing cleaning tools not earning me money, or at least speeding up the jobs, so i didnt want to be the mean boss so made it like a mate thing... WORST mistake... he got too relaxed, messed around not doing things like i wanted, looking at me when crap was supposed to be cleaned up like he was saying to himself* is he going to clean that up or am i??* he got mouthy too..... i had a massive arguement with him, he took it to heart ( mummies boy) mother and father on the phone asking it to go back to the way it was blablabla... next day i got rid of him.... use this one...... dont have enough work, your gone........ Best thing i ever done, had 2 since, all useless so wont be taking anymore on period.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Just to say i'am not in this position ! just asking how you would deal with -it !, you know the ones they talk the talk , then you give them a go, and about a few hours later you can tell they are crap.... i have had it a few times, and just give them twenty sheets and tell them to do-one lol.......just wondering how you guys would deal with it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a couple, but mostly only bring them on for the bigger jobs. That way once that job is done there's a natural break and a chance to get rid. Having said that, the last one I had I used my training background to set him goals/targets and we revisited his work each day. He got on really well and was last seen trying to make a go of it himself. Good for him, as long as he doesn't cost me money :)

S

Spud

I know it takes time , I have a lad with me at the moment and I cant really fault him and his attitude is good and he wants to learn , he has been with me since September on low wages he will be finishing his level 2 diploma next week and then I will get him on his nvq course this September coming, I am looking forward to the next few months when I can get him as much hands on experience as possible to bring him along , it has cost me money out of my own pocket as he wasn't eligle for funding this year but next year i will get some assistance from an apprenticeship grant.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Poor quality tilers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm wondering what, as a tiler, you would expect to do when you go to a job. Do you prepare...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB