Discuss Pop up tents/ gazebos in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Haha me too, I'm back on the domestic scene & have to work outside a lot so a gazebo is my next purchase.

Went on eBay after seeing a chippie got one for a handful of notes and was good quality. Got some water weights too
98671156f03e01bca8ed2134e0c9803f.jpg

R

RDTiling

Haha me too, I'm back on the domestic scene & have to work outside a lot so a gazebo is my next purchase.

I'm contemplating one too - will also come in handy for BBQ's (on the rare occasion we get to have one!)

I see that Argos have one for £39.99, it doesn't come with any sides, but I understand you can buy sides from online retailers such as ebay for much cheapness.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6511524.htm

Q

Qwerty

Some are a 2 man put up, have a 3m2 in my shed and putting that up on your own would be a struggle and finding a place to use it in some of back gardens would also be impossible.

Need somethink smaller and an easy put up or just nail a polythene sheet off the house.

I know what you mean, but I have plumped for this one to see how I go [emoji51]
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271451494416

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
I had a very good one from my stage rallying days ( 6m x 3m)hadn't used it for a few years. thought the same as you lot, this would be handy to set up outside on a rainy day. so got it out on a job to work under. customer was looking on, very impressed. Opened it out and to my horror! Mice had made a nest in it! and when opened it was like a Swiss cheese. Straight into skip.
my advice would be don't bother with the eBay or argosl ones, they are made too light weight. Go for a better quality and the whole folding mechanism is better, and longer lasting.

C

Colour Republic

My advice is don't go cheap unless it really is only going to be used a handful of times each year and don't intend to leave it up over night. Been there, done that.

Roof vents are also a big consideration. Doesn't matter how much you weigh it down, if the wind picks up (and it will!) it causes you issues, not least twisting and breaking the frame, especially cheap versions.

Q

Qwerty

My advice is don't go cheap unless it really is only going to be used a handful of times each year and don't intend to leave it up over night. Been there, done that.

Roof vents are also a big consideration. Doesn't matter how much you weigh it down, if the wind picks up (and it will!) it causes you issues, not least twisting and breaking the frame, especially cheap versions.

There has only been two occasions in the past year when I could have benefited from it so happy to go down the cheaper route, plus never leaving it out overnight. It's really a "just in case" but of kit, but I can vouch for the quality of the gazebo I have purchased as seen it in the flesh as my chippie has the same one. I wouldn't spend a few hundred on something that would only get occasional use and may get eaten by mice! [emoji6]

Q

Qwerty

Arrived this morning. For less than £40 I see it as good value. Admittedly the cover isn't waterproof, but these are cheap and direct fit and I will get one soon. A neat gazebo which will save me in the heat/ rain. Only took me 3 mins to fully unpack and put up single handed. Looks professional too compared to a tarp & rope! Yes it's the cheaper version, but even if I have to buy a new one every 12 months it will be worth it
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408531072.410410.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408531083.360171.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408531096.362699.jpg

Reply to Pop up tents/ gazebos in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB