Discuss Popped into say hello in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pacino

Hi All,

After working in a call centre for 5 years and a qualified chef for 7 years beforehand.. Different i know, have epilepsy after a bang on the head and had to quit chefing.. Which is now thankfully medically controlled... I have decided on a career change after doing a few homers, with very pleased customers. I enjoyed the freedom and feeling of seeing the finished work.

I have now booked myself on a fast track tiling and plastering course with Darren @ NE tiling training group. I understand this is just the beginning of a long journey but I have been thinking about the move for the last few years and have been putting it off for 1 reason or another. I'm not going to make the jump straight away and be fooled into thinking I will be a true pro after these courses... I thought about starting up part-time, using my spare time & weekends.

any help & advice would be welcomed and much appreciated.

P

Pacino

Welcome along. You are doing things exactly as I would, get as much experience as you possibly can and the biggest piece of advice I can give is, stick around on this forum. I've been tiling 8 years and can honestly say I've learnt more from the people on here in the last year than the other 7 added together!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome...

Hi Brian thanks for the advice, very interested to know what you have learnt from here in the last year? Must of been valuable for you to speak highly of it.. As I said any help appreciated

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Popped into say hello in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
L
Hello Everyone, My name is Liam I am 25 years old and live in Oxford. I am currently a plumbing...
Replies
Views
I
S
Hi, my name is Steve I've been tiling for 20+ years, mostly ceramics, 10 years ago i did a pro...
Replies
Views
J
Hello chaps and chappetes, i thought id say hi! Ive been working for a indepandant Wholesaler &...
Replies
Views
Bubblecraft
B
J
Alrite, hi to everyone using the forum. im glad ive regstered after just reading threads for...
Replies
Views
johhn...
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Popped into say hello
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.